Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Homeward Bound

It's 13 weeks, from a time when I decided I wanted to be in Berkeley to leaving it. Funnily enough I think I gave it a good try, being somewhat of the adventuress I hope, yet always too practical, it wasn't working, too much work and beginning to feel like a struggle. Too many nights of feeling homeless. I've seen that starting a new life, esp in a city isn't as easy as it used to be for me, maybe I never went anywhere fully alone. I've become accustomed to my creature comforts. I've been flexible in this journey, but at some point it just wasn't working. I've made some good friends, too sad a romance ended, quicker than I would have believed, it's a learning process always. It's hard finding out that you can't keep seeing the person you fell in love with. Some things don't make sense.
My mother too is ill in phoenix, I'm not sure what that really means or even if I can do anything to help the situation. I will go and do my best. The great thing is, I"m going back to everything I love. It doesn't get better than that

3 comments:

kartika said...

Hey girlfriend - you are missed, and we would love to see our homey returning to the coolest town currently on the planet. Kartika

Lenora Boyle said...

Debs,
I'm so proud of you for having the adventure and following your heart. It's a blessing. Just read a neat quote but not sure who said it. "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing." I look forward to your return.

writerwinterlight said...

We're all here. See you soon.
Jacqueline