Wednesday, November 14, 2007

last of the travelog now onto freewriting

I'm having trouble this morning with the page, well maybe I'll figure it out...photo's are not going where they're supposed to, like the noses when you kiss...'where do the noses go?... Ingrid Bergman said in what movie?!
Good morning whoever is reading...
Brother Dean, or do I call you Brother Craig, I don't know what to call my brother, now that's plain weird...this is Lake Mendocino, not too close to the town of Mendocino but surrounded by the redwoods in CA. As you can see it's a tad misty, and as I told you when we were talking on the phone...this is Lucerne, small world eh?

There is no justice for the scene driving in on route 20 from Sacramento into the redwoods in the fog, mist and rain, no justice to the cape or blanket of fog that hangs on the shoulders of these hills, no justice to the hearing the windshield wipers slowly moving the mist off the glass in 3 second increments, smelling the redwood sawdust, of these ancient dinosaurs of trees, no justice to Peter Gabriel's Passion Of Christ soundtrack..opening my heart to all the senses I am driving into. At times this is lucid and at times it is menacing, maybe even maniacal, but never losing it's beauty, I am the long lost wanderer, California is now another home, unexpected like so many things are to me lately.

In Sacramento, while out taking a proof positive photo of Robin's Dad Bob and his wife Susie, I turned to see this rainbow? Only what was odd about this phenomenon was that there were no rain clouds, no rain, nothing. Peering over Robins family garage I couldn't resist taking the photo, it's not that interesting but then again what is it? It had more color than you can see here, it had the shape, so can who can/you tell me?

Robin tells me that this photo might be special. No one gets photo's of these two... Bob and Susie..
We had a blast, their hospitality was so fun and full, they waiting for me to arrive, late as I did everywhere the whole trip, to eat shrimp on toast with cream cheese and warmed like love and soup so sweet and we all stayed up until 1:30 AM talking the music, movies and loves of our life...as I rode off into the morning sun the were laughing the way they do together so well...

So finally, last but not least is Adele Bellmer who is Rick Bellmer's Mom or Shane's grandma, depending on your generation. She's holding the Strawberries by her blooming Camila tree. I'd bought them 15 minutes before and promptly got lost, thus allowing myself the scenic tour of Loomis, which is 30 minutes outside of Sacramento and Robin's family home...no Robin and Rick, I don't think hung out together in those high school days gone past...

back to Adele, who is the woman everybody wants to hang out with, and to prove it I will return, je rivien.. record on my small hand held the three stories she's concerned she won't get onto paper before they're lost and we will shoot the breeze under the persimmon trees that are laden with fruit. We exchanged stories for 2.5...
I hearing... when her mother was on the Scandinavian dock leaving for America, a former boyfriend bought to the dock a spinning wheel he'd just made for her, so intricately carved, stunningly beautiful...he challenged her to bring it to the new world and use it. After it's use it has sat in plain sight for those to see who cherish family heirlooms like me. And she listened with great intent to my stories too..
Well books to write, places to go, and Myla's kitchen to paint today

No comments: