Friday, November 9, 2007

on the road again





Just outside of Hailey is Twin Falls. The photograph of the view is giving it NO justice,it is of Snake River Valley, this part of it has a golf course, it is unlike anything I've ever seen, to the right of the photo is what looks like to be a marina...amazing.
I didn't read a map on the way out so I drove out of Hailey the way I thought I was suppose to, same way I drove in from I-80...costing me all of Nevada...wha? you say, well if I'd driven out of Hailey on 93 west I'd be typing this in Reno or beyond the end of Nevada...but I went the slow boat to Ogden, down 84 towards I-80 which means I'm typing this in Wendover, Nevada, the beginning of Nevada...ah well...I did get to see the stunning show of the sun setting into the mountains while driving past the most surreal scenes of the great Salt Lake to my right. I wouldn't have wanted to miss that! I missed some Temple, which if you get a magnifying glass you might see it in this picture (sorry driving at 75, holding the camera up without looking at the view finder causes a rather blurred misty photo), after that it was just the dark of the Great Salt Lake desert, until I saw the sign for Bonneville Speedway, which until I saw the great movie, The Last Indian, meant nothing to me... my Grandad had an Indian, and I think the true story in the movie is inspiring, it's about living your bliss. Drove into the bright lights of Wendover, another weird pllace in the world, (home of nothing but girly shows and gambling). The clerk at the desk this morning said that he drove his Camino at 165mph and he knows what it's like to fly and blow the fount off your car, he won't do it again.

well time to do a little meditation, wha? you say, yepper, not full program but it's good to be there again..I missed so much to tell you while holing up for a few days of play, but well you'll talk to me sometime, right? Gotta go, places to go people (Rick Bellmer's Mom, near Tahoe, Robin Meadows Dad in Sacramento) to see before I end up in Berkeley Sat night...love ya, remember those incoming calls are free to me!

No comments: