Friday, December 28, 2007

7AM and snowing/12:45PM just stopped


Leaving Fairfield we all know has it's up's an down'z
if you live here you get it, if you don't we can't explain it,





it's too heavy or we're floaters
I will miss mornings like this, when I don't have to get to anywhere, and when the snow comes tumbling down in golf ball size flakes, the type you like to catch on your tonge,
all white and fluffy and warm by the wood burning stove.
I will miss Tammy and Tammie,
my neighbors to the west and south.
I will miss wondering if today something bad will happen and I will think to tracing it to taking a short cut into the house......
through that dreaded south door.
I will miss my best friend, and best friends, and maybe even those I like to complain about, not enemies, as I don't believe in them, but the ones I won't stop giving my side of the crazy story about, like a British bull dog, gnarling at that issue.
I will miss my Ladies group of 25 years,
my writing groups, my Options buddies,
I will miss tea/coffee/books at Revelations and tea/scones/coffee at Cafe Paradiso,
both revealing and a little corner of paradise.
What did I do with that carved sign I used to have?
Heaven on Earth
we call it when it's good. And it's good all the time, no one says HOE much nowadays, more ho's in idiginess speech.
The snow is coming down hard, I'm thinking of Joni singing it's coming on Christmas...I will miss Everybody's ads, Thymley's sales, I will miss the house being just the way I want it, now.
I will miss knowing exactly where each and every street it (except in Vedic City) and those garage sales that where I've been collecting Stephen Whittles and great art
that someone's getting rid of for some Karmic reason.
I will miss the little metal boy talking to the old metal man and
oh, sadly I didn't know the Civic Center is privately owned, I thought I was missing Donna Steinberg directing, or Andrew Edlin performing Winston, or Rodney Franz directing,
anything he does..
well Randy West has got his style,
I will miss the people I just met...oh please go to Meridith Hirsch, she's great to talk to and even better at cutting hair and the people I've known forever.
I will miss Rock at Luckman's, tall Tim and Sherry at the post office, the girls at Walkers,
oh you know me I can't keep saying the names, I might start crying.
What a small town we are. All that new Internet T1 from a 9 million grant.
I can still get free incoming minutes with no long distance for you and there's always Susan's J's e-mails to make me feel right at home.
Jesse is in Wisconsin, loving every moment, my kids will both be in CA, Andrew in Mendocino, Gregory in Orange Co. and me somewhere
in the middle,
so it's time to leave, and before you know it,
singing......so long it's been good to know ya......
I'll be back, and you'll say, I thought you'd gone, and I will say, I have, but I'm just running through, gotta have my Fairfield fix...once we're tribe, we're tribe, I'm just joining another pack and taking all the good stuff/vibes/knowledge/learning with me and want as many of you to visit me (when I get a place) as we can fit in the door.
Caio, Jai Guru Dev, Adios, Shalom, Blessings to you,
God on your side,
'Is it true?' and
'How would you be if you didn't believe that?'
So, on January 10th it'll be "ta tar for now and I love you all".

1 comment:

The Sustainable Gourmet said...

Hi Deb, It's a fellow FF drop out, Ginny. I'm finally home from three weeks selling nuts to the soldiers at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, NC. I had my friend John with me to help and we both nearly went nuts ourselves. I love my business but it does get intense in the long hauls. I'm back home now recovering from a bad back. Taking a look at what is next. My plan is to head up to New England for the Spring and Summer. Need a long fix from that beautiful area of the country. My biz just keeps coming up with new ops if I can keep up.

Loved your comments about FF. It's is such a cherished place by all of us that have left. Going to Boone for New Years. Will see the Zimmermans and the Grosswalds and probably others too. Love you, Ginny