Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the bay and I'll be on i-80 by 6AM







I’m planning to be a day behind the ice and snow that means I’m not in any hurry driving back to FF. I had wanted to spend the night at Adele Ballmer’s home in Loomis but after careful consideration I've stopped here at Williams CA to go to sleep early in a quiet hotel room. Life has been a whirlwind the last few days so a long bubble bath is in order. And as a friend roughly said…your Fairfield schedule looks quiet like a full dance card…so I'm going to try my best to stay rested

Photos today will include Myla in her new Aztec colored living room, Dave, the kind music sound man at Café Trieste, who is a lover of Ganesha and shares my unbounded enthusiasm of his living room view of the bay with three bridges, 2nd photo is Bay Bridge, 3rd is Golden, 4th is Richmond (it was hard not to post all the ones I took as the sun changed the colors in the bay), I hope to convince Dave to let me stick my hands into the soil in his yard until I can find a garden space for myself. Dave’s yard is a little fairy wonderland. The night before I left, I managed to find a lovely free antique chest of drawers on the street that Phil now has in his room at Dave’s. Berkeley will be a haven of new finds on the street for me. There must be some photo along the way today, something of the Redwood forest or the pink sunset sky.

I don’t want to imagine what the cold feels like but by tomorrow night it’ll clearly be into my bones. Last night and today’s’ visit with Andrew and Rose was great fun, they had dinner ready for me when I arrived. We went into Mendocino today and walked Zimmy, I know there’s a good pic of them and of course I made my mark as usual, now they can use their dishwasher to clean dishes rather than to dry them and the spin L.P. tables are all the same heights, with more room. What will be left to do next time?!

Well I’m glad I stacked the wood pile BEFORE I left town, it’ll hold me for a day or two. I’m looking forward to seeing you as soon as I get back to which ever place you are in. Now with the cold I’m excited to put up all my decorations, find the Christmas music if I didn’t give it all away, who knows when I’ll use all my stuff again. I hope you are warm and well. Love Debs

No comments: