Saturday, December 1, 2007

more on Sat

Phil and I will go to Big Sur for a few days this week., I've never been. Tonight we're going to see Kally Price, if you can Utube her, she's very good.

Right now I'm waiting for Myla while she visits her best friend Mery Behn in a depressing nursing home in Pataluma, that she been stuck in since before Thanksgiving, they wanted her dead just before that, let's pull the plug said everybody but luckily she had a brother who fought for her life, literally, now let's pray none of us end up in this situation, too hard for me to share some stuff I've seen today, I can say let it makes me want to be an advocate for patients all over the world, the staff are doing their best but it's VERY understaffed and I don't even know the half of it, patients smell, are ill, coughing, spluttering, radio is on fuzz and no one notices, there's not enough Dr.'s, the food is horrible, there's no where for private visiting, except the windy cold petite doorway or crazy lunch room, this is where older woman having to share a bedroom with strangers, patients yelling at each other, Christmas music will blare every day for the next five weeks, regardless of what the listeners believe in. I thought I'd get out but instead the staff and my charges didn't want me to leave them, luckily for me they had wifi and I could share this sad tale with you. Well, lets hope you're warma nd safe and comfortable, that there's no drama in your life, food on the table, roof over your, overhead a conversation, must see the news, love you Debs

No comments: