Saturday, December 15, 2007

Friday and Satuarday



first photo was at beginning of trip, sunset at Salt Lake City, e next is what it looks like in daylight, I walked into the place, which said 'closed for the season' looking for batteries so I could take these photo's, they we're getting ready for a private punk rock tour coming through, the young guy in the photo voiced something very suggestive to me, older woman sure can have their choices nowadays....

Sidney Nebraska…this may be where my blog started, no sign of the Kirk Russel look alike and his family but ah, motel sweet motel away from home, my man at the desk upgraded me to the best sweetest room in the house. I’m over here at the Goose Pit, David Bollish the bartender is taking as good care of me as he was before when I ate here on my way out to Berkeley, oops no camera flash and he’s gone, so it’s an out of focus photo of him, he’s taking a test tonight, I’m glad I have nothing to do except go back to bed, 12 hours driving last few days, my foot has had a work out.

I sang Beatles songs across i-80 today, I talked to many and nearly, yes nearly, ran outta gas again, but didn’t, there were no car wrecks to rescue folks out of, and tomorrow is straight 9 hour shot to FF via DM 63 and 34 into FF, an easy day.

between the view out of the window - darn America is beautiful isn’t it this last photo is Medicine Bowl- the NPR radio, the fab cassettes Phil set me up with, this trip has gone by as fast as the 75 mph speed limit which stops at the Iowa border, I miss all of Berkeley but look forward to FF and Christmas with the old family, New Years with the new man, my party with 25 years of friends, and the long and winding south route back to Berkeley with Phil. There’s so much to do I can’t promise a blog while I’m in FF there again, how can I resist to take goodbye shots of everything, ah and my ad in the paper is already bringing in some inquires…luck may be on my side, she usually is….god might be on the other, glad to know you are enjoying this, whoever is reading, what did he say…….good night and good luck….

Debs


last night i awoke
startled as to where i was
and then i knew from the light of the moon
from the tree who watches me
that i was home
the home i wrote about last month
i got it just the way i've always wanted it, i said
and now i'm leaving it

when i awoke the back yard shimmered
in ice
a johnny mathis wonderland
this morning it's a white christmas
everything blanketed in snow
john would like the chairs back he said
in truth they are his, i asked him if he will do
some 'honey-do's' for me
he's leaving town Monday
maybe he won't have time

so what does one charge?
the price he paid? the price i'll pay
to replace them?
i know there's a happy medium
sue will be disappointed
but then I did tell her
john will want them
funny how we know these things

funny how i know
the man flying in
has me laughing and living in being
sexing in ways i could never dreamed
or drummed up
i'm gonna be a drumma
living, loving and rockncabby

No comments: