Thursday, December 27, 2007

only words and not enough

No photo's today
no distractions
not enough words to compute, commute, commune:
what it's been like, how we have fared, what an amazing love ridden, hug filled, love feast these few days have been, old family Christmas, quiet moments, parties everywhere, every moment, it feels like heaven, boys come into the house, "Mom, that was the best Christmas of my life" and I agree, yes, yes it was, it tooks us all by surprise, then Boxing day all day here yesterday, people coming in ones, twos, threes, fours and fives, no more than fives and mingling, networking, everyone getting to talk, to be heard, get what they need in life and overhead that day, "oh you do that? Let's talk later, I've heard all about you but we've never met before, when can we get together again, OMG..Turkey we had a vegetarian Christmas, I LOVE turkey, yum yum, Kale, you made Kale..I love Kale, I bought you the DVD of Skaters from the Civic Center can we watch it? oh aren't the costumes loverly, she's so-and-so's daughter and isn't he wonderful a dancer he's come down from U. of I. to dance, I like this Rooibos tea, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye see you at the party at Morningstar...", the food is gone, we missed you but it was loverly not to be too crowded, too much of everything doesn't work,
me, going to watch a movie at Kartika's, wow Katika's got some great art she's making/writing, combining, what a lovery home and we like each others taste, falling asleep to 'Once' it's now twice I'm watching it, well second time I slept, then Diane's drives me home, there's an over 21 year old Nintendo feast in my living room, i give them everything, I've been waiting for years to host them, do this, i love to give all the food in the house except enough to eat in the morning - well everything else except what they would turn their nose up to -O.K. I hid the cheese, all the cookies, cakes, crackers, all that great left over turkey, chips, dips, potato salad, hummus, I make all the avocados into good guack, they have some eggnog and even a little beer, they're growing up, and while they're busy playing they don't notice it's BLAZING, so while they nearly set us on fire, smoke detectors blaring, doors swishing brooms whoshing, I go to bed after cleaning up all the dishes from the day into the dishwasher, not many, I kept up with it in the few quiet moments in between the whirl and whinnies, while they whoop and holler, "get that one on the side", with their josh sticks blazing, I lay on my bed talking to Phil, laughing, laughing and longing for him to arrive, waking up phone in hand, still dressed, to "thank your mom for everything, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank her for saving our lives from fire!!!",
now my photo voltaic Santa is waving in the window,
lots to do today, must dash, as always, what would I be without dashing...not Debs.....
oh and a sigh of relief, tinged with unexplainable words, it's healthy for me and going to be hard for her, I'm no longer keeping my mother close to me, I will be there for her in an emergency, in my thoughts and prayers,
but no more of this stuff we've been dancing for so, so long,
so long mamma, I love you

No comments: