Sunday, December 30, 2007

rest and unrest

I awoke three times last night
each time thinking/feeling excited
"ah it's Christmas tomorrow"
then I would remember, we already had it
each time I'd wonder for a moment
"Why did I think that?"
each time I'd remember why
Phil is coming tomorrow

I'm so much like a kid in a candy store lately

(to the sound of the Beatles 'Day in a Life') I read the news today oh boy.....
unrest in Pakistan, they're crying in the streets
unrest in Kenya, they kicking down their slums
then I stared looking all over the rest of the world
for good news
I'm sticking with Obama, I know what others say
I think he's our hope, for a Brave New World
so many more months of politics but someone told me yesterday
our votes in Iowa during the caucus count for 20 in the real world
I'll be at the caucus this year...believing I can make a difference
believing I will

No comments: